Want to know When is National Ice Cream Day 2018? National Ice Cream Day in 2018 is on Sunday, 15 July 2018 in United States of America and all other parts of the world.
National Ice Cream Day 2018
The Cool Ice Cream Day is celebrated annually since 1984 on the third Sunday of July in the United States. Its an unofficial holiday celebrated for everyone’s favorite sweet treat.
How to Celebrate?
- Many ice cream parlors and stores have sales and specials on their products on this day. Visit one of them to celebrate this fun holiday.
- Have ice cream for all your meals. It can be considered as a nutritious food group for this one day.
- Don’t live in the United States? We suggest that that shouldn’t stop you from celebrating this awesome holiday. After all, ice cream is a delicious treat in every culture. Make your own ice cream and serve it to family and friends.
- Tired of the usual vanilla or strawberry ice cream? Get creative with your flavorings. What about adding mint to your strawberry ice cream? Or bacon bits to your caramel ice cream?
- Don’t like to have just plain ice cream? What about making some ice cream sandwiches or an ice cream cake instead?
National Ice Cream Day History
In July of 1984, President Ronald Reagan declared the third week of July to be National Ice Cream Month by signing proclamation 5219. In this proclamation, the president called ice cream the perfect dessert and snack food and stated that over 90 percent of Americans enjoy it on a regular basis. He also stated in the proclamation that Americans should observe this day with appropriate activities and celebrations.